The Experiential Entrepreneurship Educational Program
The Experiential Entrepreneurship Education (E3) Program is the first in the nation to combine state-of-the-art educational programs in product design, manufacturing, commercialization, and business modeling with advanced on-site prototyping capabilities and real-time, industry-sponsored research and development projects. This includes a Student Innovation Lab with design, rapid prototyping and light manufacturing capabilities.
The student program aims to continuously maximize the impact of the Claugus family donation through:
- Creating and executing a program which truly prepares students for their real-world careers (in industry or through start-ups) with an unprecedented combination of experiential, hands-on and academic learning
- Leveraging existing facilities, equipment, experience, and operations of Ohio State’s colleges, departments and research centers to ensure success
- Attracting a diverse representation of the best students from across a myriad of majors
- Building a sustainable entrepreneurship education program through a revenue model which incorporates industry sponsorships, paid projects, grants, and donations
- Launching successful graduates into rewarding industry careers through co-ops and/or by incubating innovative student-led technology start-ups
The Experiential Entrepreneurship Educational (E3) Program prepares students to be future business leaders and high achievers, in industry or start-ups, while having direct interaction and collaboration with other students and colleges from a diverse set of majors.
Students are paid for work completed on industry projects throughout the program, which aids in offsetting the costs of their academic programs.
Students are given access to facilities, equipment, experienced mentors and industry-seasoned experts who will guide their experience here at the Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence.
In addition, students will have the opportunity to participate in certification programs that promote experiential learning and hands-on education.
Students participating in the program develop close working relationships with industry partners which provide accelerated career opportunities, including internships, priority access to hiring managers and enhanced job placement and advancement.